Shiny Violet Star

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Princess-like Packaging of Cosmetic Lines That Will Make You Look and Feel like Royalty

Perhaps you live the princess life style that every 'kawaii'-esque girl dreams of living. You're decked out in Liz Lisa or a really pretty Sweet Lolita outfit... Pink is the color of your life and florals don't even begin to describe your room or your wardrobe. Your phone is as blinged out as your nails are. In general? You feel like royalty. 

Until you open your super cute make-up bag and realize all your make-up products are basic as fuck. 

No fear! I have a couple of brands that should be considered if you want make-up packaging to look as cute as you! 


Recently I did a bit of an impluse buy at San Francisco's MaruQ located of course, in Japan Town. Being the crazy gal I am who occasionally craves and caves into the cute shit that Liz Lisa has to offer I bought a make-up bag from them that I just had to have after I realized the one I used for four years was beyond fixing/repair. This one was the My Melody x Liz Lisa collab home and travel make-up bag. It was the perfect size for home and for my many traveling adventures. Nothing too big to lug around but let's face it; I own and wear a shitload of make-up. I'm indecisive too so I bring EVERYTHING. 

So to start off what gal would I not be for saying that Liz Lisa's cosmetic brand isn't princessy enough? I haven't tried it in person but the packaging even in person looked gorgeous. Yes it's pricey but definately worth the money. I'm showing off the glosses but they also have a eye shadow and blush line too. I hear the eye shadow is really pigmented depending on how you wear it and looking at swatches of Liz Lisa's blush-at least the coral rose color-it looks like a dupe of a NARS blush but brighter  and with smaller glitter perhaps. In all I recommend Liz Lisa! 



Secondly would be Candy Doll and Dollywink. Not only is thier packing cute but simple but I feel like the lighter colors really suit the princessy type of lolita or gyaru. Dollywink's eyelashes are a little too delicate for me after a couple of uses of trying them but their eye lash glue is great and I know a lot of girls who use both the eye shadow and eye liner. 

As for Candy Doll I STILL have yet to get my hands on Tsubasa's glorious ramune pink lipstick that I've been dying to have. I feel like that is definitely a staple for a gyaru girl especially to have her 'Masuwaka-moment' at least once. I don't care how much the 'polished' style is in-glamorous is still glamorous and I loved the glam Tsubasa-era. Her packaging for both lines got a bit of a make-over but the product is supposedly still great. For a bit of a mature look-Tsubasa has released a red lipcolor for the fall season in both lipstick and gloss form! 





Melliesh tends to be another popular brand amongst gyaru and lolita. It's been popular for their blushes in the past but recently I feel like this line has gotten out of the spotlight for a bit. Looking for a softer liner that isn't as harsh? Pink packaging it is! Not big of spending bank on a Liz Lisa blush and Candy Doll doesn't quite cut it? This is for you! 



Moving onto a popular Korean brand; Etude House really came out with some seriously elegant packaging. They for sure didn't mess around. Their Princess Etoinette line really stood out for me. You want to make that Liz Lisa make-up bag look kawaii as fuck even inside the contents in the bag. I feel like this is a huge winner. The lipsticks look really nice color wise and that packaging looks glorious. The shimmer powder and blush screams to be displayed on a vanity if you're not travling. Of course they have eye liners and pouches too-I felt like this was a serious winner when it came to cute. As for the product? I don't own it to know but a know a couple of girls who really swear by using Etude House. They're getting really popular in Japan as well and even have a store branch open there! 



Moving onto a Western make-up line-every time I step into Sephora; Too Faced displays and colors really catch my eye. They have really girly cute packaging that I can't resist looking at. They have great palettes that whenever I swatch them turn out being lovely colors. They're really known for their blushes though and their scented bronzer! I really feel like if you're aiming to shop in-store that Too Faced really shows the girly side of cosmetics with their packaging. 



Displaying her perfume only to create a full out make-up look for you guys-Anna Sui I feel, wins when it comes to cute elegant packaging. This perfume is cute but don't be fooled. Her make-up line and its packging is just as gorgeous. It's a outright shame that Sephora in the US doesn't sell her make-up. I've seen things as creative as mini-vanities made with mirrors and drawers that pop out with eye shadows and lipcolors and everything. Just like this! 



She's such a great designer too. In all I hope one day I can own her products and try them out as well! 


This is all for this make-up blog post. I hope some of this is helpful and will help make your cosmetics as cute as you are without sacrificing a good product! Are there other lines that have just as cute packaging as these make-up lines? Feel free to share with me! 


4 comments:

  1. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article. I will make sure to be reading your blog more. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Custom Cosmetic Boxes will increase your cosmetic products sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Determine the error(s) in the problem below and use mathematical question-hub language from module 2 to explain and answer correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cosmetic box will attract potential customers to learn more about the brand's products. Custom Cosmetic Packaging boxes are not just for the storage of goods. It also provides a sales opportunity for the product, using words in the cosmetic packaging box to describe the characteristics.

    ReplyDelete