Shiny Violet Star

Saturday, May 18, 2013

DreamV/Yumetenbo Rakuten Post (About/How to Order/Sizing/Review/Vlog)

So I'm finally getting to this long awaited article on my outfit that I wore to Cherry Blossom Festival back in April. I had been hyping about the heart heels that I finally after two years of gawking at them- legitly scored. While the masses of girls have been fleeing over to Liz Lisa for their cute gyaru fix-I've been taking my style else where. I'm known to be a trend setter, not a trend follower. Not...that I'm not following but this is the one season where Liz Lisa's collection this season has actually disappointed me so I'm taking a break from their line and looking else where for inspiration.

In general I wanted to try a more cute but dramatic style. I've been a gyaru gal for a good two years now, so I'm pretty familiar with the other sub-styles out there that the fashion genre has to offer. Honestly, I've always looked up to the agejyo, hime, and rock gals. They've always stood out for me so I think instead of heading the Onee-gyaru route, I will go the other route that people are tending to abandon now that it's not as trendy. My inspirations this spring and summer season? Pikarin, Nonoka, SakuRina, early era Tsubasa Masuwaka, and Himena. Which is how I stumbled into Yumetenbo/DreamV.

Back around a year ago when I had a tumblr blog a shop called 'Kumimakiko' followed me on there. I realized soon after that this was a shop that sold gyaru style clothes and shoes. I was interested in a lot of varieties of clothes/fashions on there and I couldn't stop staring. However, I was wary of buying from them after hearing that nobody had bought from this place and that people said they were doubling the prices of these clothes and selling replicas for full price of the real ones. So I held off on my heart heels that I instantly fell in love with. I researched more on how to obtain the heels legitimately. Which is how I found DreamV via Rakuten. At the time I found only their Japanese site, so yet again I was disheartened until later on this year when I figured out that Rakuten had a global shop to ship items over seas.

What is Rakuten you ask?

Think of it as the Japanese version of our Amazon. There are more than just gyaru clothing here. Matter of fact they sell wigs and tons of odds and ends. If you're not intimidated with them using a global translator for their site (aka Engrish) and answering a couple of e-mails back and forth to verify your shipping and payment-then Rakuten can give you a lot of options. Especially for the gyaru community. Not only is Yumetenbo on Rakuten but so is ma*rs, duras, Liz Lisa, ect. There are even things for the lolita community on here. It's all about knowing where to look!

A little about Yumetenbo/DreamV as a shop and brand-

Yumetenbo is promoted in various gyaru magazines such as Popteen, Ranzuki,Vivi, and Koakuma Ageha. The clothes aren't knock offs but can and do take inspirations from brands such as Liz Lisa, La Parfait, d.i.a, Cecil McBee, ect. These clothes are a cheaper alternative to gals who want cute clothes rather than a flaunting brand name. You DO get what you paid for, but honestly, if you take good care of your clothes/shoes then you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

What makes DreamV so popular other than the magazine promotion would be of course; using the magazine models themselves. There have been various collaborations with gals such as Sakurai Rina and models from HappyNuts... Popular items, specific colors, and just everything in general tends to sell out super fast. DreamV in all has six brands that can appeal to every type of girl as well as her children. There's everything from one piece dresses, sexy shorts, or yukatas even for Matsuri seasons. 

The six brands are ; Yumetenbo, MaryRoseDearMyLoveLinosugDiableBaiserand SoLady.

Each brand has their own appeal to each gyaru sub-style. There is everything for everyone here, even if you're not a gyaru.

Yumetenbo is for various audiences but I assume focused on a more 'princessy' girlish look.

Mary Rose is for gals who want to take on the onee-gal style that is popular currently. Think Liz Lisa and Ank Rogue!.

DearMyLove I think also caters this crowd and well as the hime genre depending on what outfit. It's a bit more classic looking in terms of style. My black dress and heart heels were both from DearMyLove!

Linosung is more of the casual street wear we've been seeing around lately; everything from street wear with Boy London replicated caps and low capri pants to the business lady with printed shorts and light blazers this season!

SoLady is more geared for older gals in their mid-to-late twenties or girls who even want to conquer the trendy K-Pop look that's been spreading around globe. This can also be considered very girly but yet trendy business wear as well.

DiableBaiser is for the hot, sexy, and wild gyaru girl who is into rock. Agejyo, and kyabajyou style. Long gowns, blinged out jeans, and short one pieces are usually the more popular items.



Other than shoes, jackets, and clothing-Yumetenbo also sells accessories such as hats, jewelry, and tights. Beauty products are also included on their site and other trinkets are also on their page for sale.




Where to Buy:

The official Yumetenbo Website: http://www.dreamvs.jp/pc/


There are two sites where you can purchase the clothes. If you're fluent in Japanese then the Japanese Yumetenbo site will serve you well. If not? Looking there will still be useful and put you a step ahead of the game at what is going to later on be released on the Rakuten website. The official site is a bit more organized. Not only can you choose clothes based on one-pieces, tops, bottoms, shoes, ect. But you can also choose your brand and style.

The options on the site are listed as: Glamorous, Princess, Kirei, and Beauty. If you select these you'll find clothes geared more towards the style you want to achieve the most.

Another huge benefit about going on this website is the information given that is not on Rakuten's page. The official page informs you of on going sales and if you scroll down just slightly more; below that is the list of clothing based on the date it got released. Meaning the newest clothing is listed to buy. This is most likely how items sell out super quickly.

Below that you'll get clothes ranked on their sales and popularity. If there's something you want get it quick! Each rank is based on a general item and then if you can read katakana things are ranked and listed if you clicked based on if the item is a clothing item: dress, bottoms, tops or shoes and accessories.

Further on down you can see coordinates and where to buy what is on the model. It can definitely help if you're at a loss on what outfits to put together or want look like a certain girl but don't know where to begin or what is what. It's like a catalog of sorts. I know Ank Rogue and Liz Lisa also use this type of thing as well!

If you go over to the right hand side of the site you'll get reviews on things. Below that Yumetenbo's offical YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/YumetenboOfficial ). At the YouTube channel you'll get to see a lot of the models in the outfits and get to see them shoot at a studio with them on.. It gives you an idea of what the material looks like before you order. They also have video show cases showing the girls in the newest collections based. There's one general video and then separate videos show casing clothing items for each brand.

Another useful thing on the right hand corner is showing what magazines feature DreamV clothing.

In all regardless of whether or not you can read Japanese or even buy from the official site at all, it's still extremely interesting to browse through!









Rakuten is where you come in if you're an international buyer because it allows you to shop in English and also ships clothes/items globally. Everything is organized on the top by the date, price, and I think the popularity as well. On the side bar everything is organized by women's clothing, beauty products, shoes, accessories ect. If you click on one of these say 'women's clothing' for example-you'll get things like outer wear, one pieces, blouses-you get the jist. It'll narrow down your search to what you want.

The cons of using Rakuten is the fact that things sell out super quick. It's honestly best to stalk things or not be too picky. Engrish is used on the site so even if you read the description or the reviews down at the bottom they'll be a bit strange in vocabulary and wording. I suppose you can get the idea of what they're trying to describe though.


How to Order:


Here comes the fun stuff for guys where you're . Ordering is rather simple. You place what you want item wise in the shopping cart and proceed the fill out everything asked of you and pay. DO KNOW THOUGH: the price on your 'final purchase' DOES NOT include your shipping fee SO that will not exactly be the full amount paid so be prepared. Especially on big orders your shipping fee will be a big amount depending on the weight.

You'll eventually get an e-mail in Japanese confirming that your order has been placed. By then they will give you the price of your items your got, the shipping fee, and the items in full aka, your final total. They will ask you if your agree to have this amount taken out. Google translate if you're not fluent in Japanese is your best friend in figuring out the details of this e-mail.

If you're confused by the Japanese currency-your best bet is to look up the prices on a currency converter and convert the prices into your own country's currency. Google is yet again your best friend at this point. Once you add up the total of both the prices of the clothes and the shipping fee you can then e-mail them back in English say you confirm the order and the shipping fee due. They'll respond in English at the point explain the pricing and shipping details.

You will be notified of the items being shipped soon afterward. Global shipping for items is automatically EMS shipping so your items should be arriving very very quickly.



SIZING:

Definitely measure yourself. In Japanese sizes I'm a size medium due to my hips and bust. Usually I am a small. Best bet is to go a size up from what you really are in clothes.

As for shoes, again measure your foot. I'm an American size 6.5 and I was a 23-24 in sizing on this if this helps anyone.



ITEMS I RECIEVED:



I ordered both a dress and a pair of lacy heart heels from Yumetenbo's Dear My Love label. Both of the items were in black to match. I bought them in time to coordinate a dark hime-gyaru style outfit for Japan Town's Cherry Blossom Festival that was occurring around that time.

When I decided to spend money I had only intended to by the heart heels because I had been weeping/gawking over these babies for two freaking years. Yes. Two years. I could have picked a pair of Louboutins as my dream shoe but dammit these were my dream shoes. Cinderella had a glass slipper and I had THESE shoes that were equally fit for a princess. I was just in love and I had Christmas money I had saved on a Vanilla Visa gift card that I still needed to use.

Problem. I totally forgot that my card wouldn't go through on an international order. Stupid, stupid girl.. what were you thinking?



Thankfully my photographer friend Dennis not only helped me score the dress but the dress to boot. I am forever thankful. Both of these babies are treasured in my closet along side my ageha, h.naoto, BABY, BPN, and Liz Lisa collections. The order was placed on Wednesday and Sunday and Monday were holidays so it slowed down the order in the mail but it arrived on a Tuesday and Thursday the week of Masturi. Shipping was 1,500 yen on both-the dress was 3,600 yen and the heels were 1,960.00 yen. Add all that up and it was a pretty penny. For shoes those it was 3,500 yen which is roughtly 35.00/36.00 USD. The price of in season Forever21 shoes but way cuter. Kind of worth it for those.


So finally the items arrived and I nearly killed Dennis with a knife trying to open the boxes in excitement. It was like Christmas. No really. I had conquered Rakuten with help but I still feel like it was a conquer after having to deal with quite a process.


The dress was nice and lacy-the inside is lined as well which is a huge perk. There are also detachable bows for the back which are a cute touch. I ordered the dressing in a size M and fit very well. The bust is a bit tight but I don't think that's a surprise with any of the Japanese clothes I've ever gotten. The waist and bust in everything I get in cinched but it doesn't hinder the clothes and their cuteness.

I got the shoes in a 23.0-24.0 I think. I'm a size 6.5-7.0 in American sizes and they fit perfect. The shoes are a bit hard to break in but now I can walk in them perfectly after three wears. The arch kills at first but it's easily adaptable.



Both items when I received them were packaged beautifully. The shoes had not only the box but SHOE BAGS for your heels so they don't collect dust. The dress was in a nice plastic bag as well.



If you want to see the clothes and shoes I got in person; here is the video!



And this concludes the Yumetenbo/DreamV article. I hope this is super helpful for you all who are interested in buying gyaru clothes or wondering where other gyaru are scoring really cute clothes from! Now I'm off to prep for Fanime con which is next week! Until next time guys!

4 comments:

  1. I am despaired can you please tell me if those items are real fur or fake fur?
    http://www.dreamvs.jp/pc/index.php?toid=PC_ARTICLE&fromid=PC_SEARCH_RESULT&article_id=334754&category_id=top

    http://www.dreamvs.jp/pc/index.php?toid=PC_ARTICLE&fromid=PC_SEARCH_RESULT&article_id=334486&category_id=top

    http://www.dreamvs.jp/pc/index.php?toid=PC_ARTICLE&fromid=PC_SEARCH_RESULT&article_id=329194&category_id=top

    http://www.dreamvs.jp/pc/index.php?toid=PC_ARTICLE&fromid=PC_SEARCH_RESULT&article_id=333049&category_id=top

    Thanks in advance.
    Alina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure DreamV doesn't use real fur because the pricing would be way higher. I know occasionally the brand ma*rs will for their flashier dresses and the pricing on that stuff is way up there because real fur isn't cheap. DreamV is like the cheaper alternative to gyaru brands and considering the price it should be safe! :)

      Delete
  2. wohh precisely what I was looking for, thankyou for putting up. why not try these out

    ReplyDelete
  3. An advanced person you’ll want the latest muscle process. If you place proper arrangement, mature should people because of your self-worth business women will probably truly feel concerned through your hot design. Even when a lot of men desirable for getting sort of entire physique the majority of commonly are not ready to can do some of those disturbing routines been required to grow their muscle. Form grownup men is actually vastly happy to will be aware that now they can offer muscle groups through the process of sipping on a marvelous items referred to Hugely Strength Builders. see here now

    ReplyDelete