Shiny Violet Star

Monday, February 24, 2014

About Shibuhara Glitter and Myself










ABOUT

Hello readers! My name is Darla. However, on various platforms I go by the username ToxicTsukino. This name first came about because I loved Sailor Moon and moons in general-I wanted to somehow incorporate moons into my username.  This is a name I came up with given that if I owned a clothing line; this would be the brand name I would choose. Combined the two one day when I had to come up with a gamer tag for the game Heroes of the Storm. I wanted something intimidating but cute, thus, this username came into existence and kind of just stuck onto everything else. 

I'm currently a thirty-something-year-old college graduate working her first big girl job out in the world. I love learning about new things and much as I love writing. Hence the the need for this blog to share my discoveries and adventures through my hobbies. I also love fashion, traveling to fun places, going to concerts and fashion events, shopping, trying out new products, dabbling into photography and videography..and overall just having a good time. 

I grew up watching a lot of J-Pop/Rock PVs and watching J-Dramas at a very young age. I grew to have a slight fixation on how celebrities dressed from both America and other countries. I loved detailed clothes that were unique and eccentric. J-Fashion was an obtainable way to gain access to the things I was attracted to without there being a huge hole in my wallet. 

I've always romanticized the "old" from my youth and have always loved to coordinate things as a nod to those crazy glory days of the late 90s/00s. 

I got into gyaru through a variety of ways. I can't pinpoint just one because I felt like gyaru was "following" me everywhere. It was in the Eurobeat I listened to when I watched Initial D and was curious to find the music. It popped up as a reference in my favorite videogame Jet Set Radio. Popular J-dramas would feature a toned-down take of the gyaru style. Celebrities such as Namie Amuro, Emi Hinouchi, Koda Kumi, and Ayumi Hamasaki are all also associated with these styles. The magazines finally lured me into figuring out more about the fashion when I would visit Japan Town in San Francisco often on weekends and go into Kinokuniya. It was really Koakuma Ageha that hit the nail on the coffin for me and converted me into being a huge fan and follower of the fashion. I haven't looked back ever since. 






ABOUT SHIBUHARA GLITTER:

Shibuhara Glitter originally wasn't titled as Shibuhara Glitter. I had a blog on tumblr for a good two years. It was pretty stiff and strictly informative up into the beginning of 2013. Once tumblr changed it's text and picture formatting, I realized that maybe I should take on a new blogging platform and new direction for the blog. Thus Shibuhara Glitter was created!

 The term "Shibuhara" comes from not only the gyaru trend but the fact that I wanted to show appreciation for both fashion districts and the fashions that derive from them. I was a gyaru. I was a lolita. I had been v-kei/oshare at one point. Fashion was something I could enjoy by myself alone without the need for community or friends. Fashion was my individuality as much as it became my motivation for wake up early in the mornings at times. Glitter" now a days, derives from the concept of  "a glittery glam lifestyle" so I kept the word in the title because it seemed like a fitting trademark for myself and not just a cosplay group I was a part of. I had came up with the name anyway, so eventually I felt like I had the right to take it apart and make it into my own thing. 'Toxic' is used for "ToxicTsukino" for my screen names on various accounts online. 'Glitter' became a part of my blog/vlog title for "ShibuHara Glitter". 


In all, Shibuhara is an appreciation of all things that are Japanese fashion and pop culture related. I want to reach out to everyone who appreciates the individualized uniqueness that has been based around Shibuya and Harajuku-or just even Japanese Fashion/Pop Culture as a whole. Living in NorCal has taught me to share my adventures because let's face it; we're spoiled with our tea shops, cafes, food places, and clothes boutiques. I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I want to share every bit of it with you guys and the rest of the world watching. 


In this blog I'll share tips and tricks, make-up and product reviews, and share my world with you guys! So I hope you guys will stay around for the ride~! <3 <3 






Shibuhara Glitter also has:


 YOUTUBE ACCOUNT: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgK8ml9-mahKRpxs5E2kb8g



INSTAGRAM: 

https://www.instagram.com/toxictsukino/

No comments:

Post a Comment