Shiny Violet Star

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spring 2014 Japanese Fashion Trends

Happy March everyone. It's not soon before spring will officially hit us. What does this mean? Sandals, white bags and shoes...and clothes, floral print or anything for that matter, and lots of cute pastels. Japanese fashion is no except for the trends this season. Once this year's color of the year/season was announced a lot of brands up and ran with it. 

So what is the big trend? Orchid! For me? This happened to be a huge deal because I love pretty much any shade of purple so I was right on up this! For those of you who aren't so big on the shades of purple-cool colors this season will be your best friend. This means blues like baby blue, mint, and light white. If you want to go warmer do pinks, yellows, or corals with a cooler undertone! 

For cosmetics this season there are two brands that really impressed me this season and works well internationally for everyone. 

First up is NARS. There's their Final Cut Spring 2014 colors that have been exclusive solely to Nordstrom. For you ladies who love pink or really nice light coral colors- but especially if you like nude or baby pink these colors are for you. These products will really bring out a girly touch! The product I'm the most interested in is their newest illuminator!



Second of all would be both eye shadow duos from NARS in their general Spring 2014 collection. Both feature beautiful cool colors in both duos. I don't think there's anything I dislike about this set at all! 



Second up is  MAC Cosmetics which in my honest opinion; always tends to impress me with their bigger and more over the top collection. Their Fantasy of Flowers collection has been an instant hit this season. By far THE BEST collection so far with the best and most diverse color selection! I purchased two lovely products from this collection that I should be doing a review on soon! So far I am LOVING the gorgeous peach-like and semi-sheer Fleur D'Coral Lipstick and their fluid line (my VERY FIRST fluid line btw) in Sassy Mossy which is a very bold dark mint color! The yellow pigment swatched beautifully as well and the lipsticks were just beautiful colors! I've heard really good things about the Saint Germaine nail polish as well which takes after the lipstick color their also have as well (that I also own!). 


Now onto clothing! For these past couple of seasons even the cutest of clothing in the gyaru fashion scene has been super minimalistic lately! This season Liz Lisa changes up their colorplay by incorporating purple and blues into the mix. The light purple is gorgeous and refreshing but I really hope they release PURPLE FLORALS soon because Liz Lisa by far is the best brand for floral print. They have such lovely florals that I find it difficult to buy floral print anywhere else. 

Other than that, Liz Lisa has gotten a lot more plain persay. I see no lace on the bottom edges of their skirts like they used to and a lot of straight edges. Not sure how I feel about it but I suppose it will grow on me. Ank Rouge is also taking on the lavender to the extreme from their dresses to their cute accessories. However they are keeping on the more traditional note as well! So you have both to float your boat!  


If you're looking for a sexier style. ma*rs has went slightly more minimalist as well following the trend but they do keep the agejyo stuff coming. They have a GORGEOUS model repping their traditional and more flashier pieces. If you're an agejyo gal rock your lashes and FOR SURE purchase pink or purple lenses to stay on trend. Even the ma*rs clothing has a cooler pink feel this season for sure with their mirror print! They have necklaces that double as bag chains this season and I'm just waiting for a crazy bag release which I REALLY hope comes soon. I have high hopes for ma*rs since I adore agejyo fashion!



If you want to be trendy and sexy and even a little bit badass even you for sure want to check out DreamV also known as Yumetenbo on Rakuten. They have a couple color friendly pieces from Diable Biaser that are really sexy but still stay on trend! A couple OL gyaru styles and knits. Even if you're going for the cuter styles they have them there too but a lot of the old style gyaru clothes are there. I still personally think DreamV is by far the best place for shoes!




As for Lolitas on the spring trend they are definately no exception. Lots of brands recently sweeter pastels or chiffon fabrics around this time. If you're a cuter lolita-this season is for sure for you. Classic lolitas can sport light blue and yellows or white. Sweet lolitas you of coursse have your pastels. And then on the gothic front while it can be challenging-sport white this season, you can also try wearing lighter fabrics, or even try to incorporate lighter colors into your blacks for a lighter feel to your gothic clothing . Alice and the Pirates steps it up with cool whites, chiffon, and blues for their current release! I'm not as big on their print release as I am on their most recent beautifully craft accessories and blouses! I'm still a huge suck for detail. However I do like the lace detailing in dress. It almost gives it a corset like feel. The blue color way was by far the most accurate for the spring time.





However on the opposite end, I felt like Baby the Stars Shine Bright did some trend predicting for their recent spring which is Carnival theme. While it's a bit too bright for my tastes honestly it does have a very cool pink and red under tone and there is a light purple color way making this release very spring friendly. Why I say this is a trend prediction is because this will work PERFECTLY with the Mac Cosmetics launch of their collection 'Playland' which is due in April! I think both would pair very well together since both are pretty much carnival themed!





Last but not least is Angelic Pretty's most recently floral themed spring release 'Romantic Rose Letter' which of course like our dear AP brand is known for, comes in season friendly pastel colors. I don't see Angelic Pretty even thinking about backing down from cool pastels this season!



And with that said, that concludes my Gal and Lolita Spring Trend 2014 blog post! Which color trend and brand will you be sporting this season? 





No comments:

Post a Comment