Shiny Violet Star

Friday, November 22, 2013

Pacific Media Expo 2013

So a couple of weekends ago I attended PMX 2013 down in Los Angeles. This was my second time down in the LA area and my first SoCal convention. I was super stoked. I was getting to meet a whole new crowd of people who I had never got to meet in person before or even put a voice to a face before. Not only that but supposedly PMX is J-Fashion oriented so I was super looking forward to going. 

In all it was experience. I left directly after work on Thursday night and Ying and I got to LA roughly nearing midnight. That night was pretty crazy because I tried to raid Half and Half before it closed...in which it did close on me. OTL Oh well. We adventured to a couple of other food places to make our trip out not in vain. 

The next morning Ying and I got ready in Liz Lisa and Sixh wear to hit Little Tokyo a little bit before hitting the con. I got a couple of snackies for breakfast from this one place. Marukai raped me of my money </3 Tons of Diamond Lashes and Melty Blends in different flavors were what my haul consisted of. I also got a chance to hit the LA Kinokuniya as well as a couple of other shops like Fairytale Boutique. In all? I do have to say that San Francisco's Japan Town is quite spoiled. However I feel like for the SF crowd we're definitely catering to the lolitas more so than gyaru.



However I feel like also our Japan Town is a lot friendlier and I've even been told that! I did realize where I went people were a bit 'meh' where as in SF shop staff or waiters/waitresses are super positive about lolita and gyaru coming into their places and they're even friendly to cosplayers up there. As when I've been here the last two times in Little Tokyo the word cosplay I hear "Oh...THOSE people." lol Not that we don't occasionally have that up north but it just seems like down in SoCal it's a little different of an atmosphere. Not sure why! Maybe it's just me! 

Despite the 'oh SF J-Town is friendlier' is does seem like they do cater to the anime crowd there with two different anime shops that even have wigs and cosplay. Even their Kinokuniya has an Animate section. Not to be confused-we have a WHOLE FLOOR up north; I'm not sure how to explain the difference here but trust me I think SF is spoiled and I kind of love it. Maybe I just haven't hit other parts of LA enough! If I come back someone should tell me where all the hot spots are for the gals and lolitas there! <3 

First night at PMX when we arrived was pretty fun. I met a lot of neat people and got to play with both Leslie, Amorita, and Kegan! <3 I also got to see my cutie Jobi who's always so very fun to hang out with. Me, Leslie, and Jobi intended on matching with Liz Lisa coordinates the first day. ONE DAY I will do Leslie's make-up! >3< I wanna make her super gyaru! 





Ending the day off with Korean BBQ at 3 am. By far the best K-BBQ ever at a 24 hour place in K-Town. Forreals no regrets. It was so worth it. Ying and I died afterward. 


Second day I got to troll around a bit of LA late in the day in some ma*rs wear. We had even more Korean BBQ with Dan and Dennis and then headed down to Irvine to meet Thanh for the first time! LOL SoCal portions you are RIDICULOUS. Everywhere I went but the 24 K-BBQ place-I could not finish my food anywhere. I LOVE MY PORTIONS UP IN NORCAL. They suit a little petite girl like myself. ;A; your guy's "small" is MONSTER SIZE everywhere else. Forreals. The shaved ice I got with everyone was no fucking joke and I was sad because 85c YOU HAVE A BIG ASS LINE YO 

I changed into hooker wear Saturday night to raid pmx afterward with everyone. I swear that leather dress was 12.00 and it was amazing. XD I felt like of like a rock gyaru. I need more garters and thigh highs in my life. OTL 













Sunday was the only day I spent the whole day at the con. I attended the PMX fashion show because tons of lovelies I knew or have heard about were in the show. I rooted for them all. Leslie was such a queen tho as she opened the Juliette et Justine showcase. Mimi and Jobi looked really gorgeous. Jobi's outfit suited her wig so damn well and she did so well. Mimi walked really well and everything but yeah-that gold lippie. I loved how Mimi after the show grabbed my Mac Cyber lipstick to vamp that shit up. We're eccentric girls. We wear heavy liner and lashes and bold lip colors. It's kind of our livelihood and we feel naked without it. LOL 

Oh I finally got to see Mimi after foreverrrr as well as Cross that weekend. I hadn't ever met Cross before and she was such a sweet heart. <3 I wish we could have hung out more. Like forreals. Oh met Tati twice that weekend too and it was really nice meeting her as well as Zekie who apparently didn't realize it was me in the flesh! x'D 






OTL After the fashion show I waited in line to go and buy some Juliette et Justine. After seeing a dress that Jobi bought in person from her friend and seeing Leslie's dress, I knew I needed to own one. The designer was so sweet and I'm very sure I was out of place there repping ma*rs wear but I'm a gyaru and lolita and I have NO SHAME loving both genres. I even told the designer that her designs were really beautiful and that I loved all sorts of fashion. My dress was so gorgeous and I felt like it screamed me. There's stars in it and coins. The dress is called 'Money Star' which is surprisingly when I looked it up later a special edition dress and is based off the Brother's Grimm story 'Star Money'. So in all it was pretty neat. 




In all pmx was a mix of things. I hope I can see more of LA one day soon. Thank you all for going out with me or seeing me and all. <3 It was a super fun trip/adventure. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment