Shiny Violet Star

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Etude House: Play Color Eyes Eye Shadow Palette - In The Cafe (Review)

Recently, I was checking my mail box for mail considering I had made a couple of crazy big orders as of recent and found a package from close by. At first I was like, "What did I order from here?" And then came to realize that it was a surprise package from my friend Tiffiny!! She sent me a variety of things including cute stickers, a very sweet letters, and for my birthday an Etude House palette!! I was so shocked!! 

So today, I thought I would do a review on this palette because it's became my new favorite thing to play with as of recent! It's been awhile since I've played with Etude House products, especially new Etude House products-so it was really exciting to get to try this palette out. Before Tiffiny had surprised me with it, I had considered buying it for myself before I ended up purchasing the Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay palette back in July/August. However, I was afraid of the Etude House matte eye shadow shades being chalky/having fall out, so I went for the high end brand instead.


Boy was I surprised. The Urban Decay palette actually has a lot more fall out than the Etude House Play Color Eyes palette!!! :o 



First off, let's do an overview of this gorgeous palette. The "In the Cafe" series palette has a set of ten different eye shadow shades. There are two intense shimmery metallics, one sheer glitter, one bright matte pink/orange color, and the other six are all matte neutral colors. The packaging is slim and sleek-there is a mirror built in, and two sponge applicators making this palette great for traveling. 


This palette is positively perfect for fall time! The colors are are very warm and very flattering to the eyes. Because it's "cafe" themed- a lot of the colors while neutral still give off a warm or occasionally a cool toned cast (but not so cool that it's gray like the Gwen x UD palette). The mattes blend out perfectly with very little fallout. They make wonderful transition colors are also are good for the whole 'cut crease' trend that's been rather popular. The metallic shimmers and glitters are absolutely gorgeous. Both have brassy undertones-one being a brown/gold and the other being an orange/gold shade. They're incredibly buttery smooth and pigmented-they pack on so well. I was so excited to have a palette like this because I wanted to experiment with matte shades and I actually don't have a fall-time esque orange that I keep being tempted to play with. I only own a coral/summer time orange. So I was super excited to finally kind of look like a witch bitch without looking too dark and dreadful!

Personally? This palette has been perfect for giving the fall-time Halloween vibes. The orange/gold glittery shades are perfect for that pumpkin-esque/fall leaves look. I usually use the mattes for transition and crease shades and they blend beautifully and compliment the shimmery colors.  I've used it twice and have fallen absolutely in love! The key for me personally is to pair it with a vamp lip like in the look below: 





In all? This palette is incredibly underestimated. It surprisingly blew my Urban Decay out of the fucking water in terms of lack of fallout/blendability. This has been my new fall go-to staple and probably will be until the colder December weather sets in. Tiffiny clearly knows me well! ;) Thank you so much hun!!! I've been enjoying it thoroughly!! <3 <3 

Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. This palette is stunning ♥ I love the idea of the coffe sketches!

    www.fattiechips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete