Shiny Violet Star

Friday, July 25, 2014

New Gyaru Style: New title? POP GYARU!

Pop Gyaru based on the words Soda Pop/Candy Pop/BubbleGum Pop: Retero styles based on diners and sweets themes/American girly fashion/the bubble gum pop era of the 90s/00s/and genuinely COLORS THAT POP! <3 Thing pastels against black and white! Red/orange/navy blues ect! mermaids/magical girl esque themes with a sexy agejo/princess twist! Pop Gyaru would be the newest trend!

Think Lisa Frank, cute candies, milk shakes, beautiful glittery gradients, moons, stars, fantasy or magical aspects with perhaps bitter sweet elements at times but combined with the bling/jewel like accessories, sexy/lacey/princessy and essentric aspects of gyaru fashion and that's what Pop Gyaru would be!

It is easy to pull off? Depends on who you ask! You can look too Harajuku or too Shibuya. This is TRULY what ShibuHara is. A perfect balance of the playfulness and youthfulness of Harajuku with the glitz and confidence of Shibuya!

I can't really show you full on pics other than the J-Pop Summit outfit I wore! The outfit concept was "Bitter Sweet Love". The one piece dress you are seeing is by Kokokim which is Kimura U's fashion line that just hit Shibuya 109 by storm and she considered her brand 'moehara' and basically for Akiba and Harajuku girls. I took it to the next level though! I loved the whole horror/love hospital concept! And LOOK she makes an omage to Shibuya 109 placing the '109' on the character too! All the accessories are from the artist alley and can be considered 'fairy kei' which is a part of Harajuku. They're glitter and deco'd out! Then necklace from 'Sugar Clay Cafe' also glows in gradient colors. The tote bag I flaunted also features pastel colors and is from the brand Baby the Stars Shine Bright which is a popular lolita brand! It was casual enough to wear with the outfit!

Here's where the outfit gets a little bit gyaru though!! First off the color is a little bit more mature ne? Black has always been an easier color for all ages to get away with and goes with almost anything! I paired black thigh high socks with bows for a cute sexy agejyo-esque feel-to top it off, I added my DreamV heart heels that include really cute lace! To lighten it up though I added pink bow clips to the front to give the shoes a nice pop of color!

Here goes the hair and make-up! First off the hair was PikaRin/Hikari Shiina (she is a Popteen model for those of you who don't know) inspired! Half up pigtails with curls and partly down! The glittery bow is a trade mark classicy 'ShibuHara Girl' thing to do considering that even Tsubasa herself used to rock over sized bows!

Cosmetics wise? I WENT BRIGHT! <3 Gyaru girls usually wear really neutral colors on the eyes or if not that one pop of color usually on the eyes or lips! Here I went all out with pastel purple/pink/black/white with lots of glitter! Even the circle lenses I wore were purple for a creepier touch! I wore falsies all out like a usual gyaru girl would! Blush wise? Go ALL OUT with pink and glitter! Lips? I really wanted to bright so I did! <3  In all it was a successful outfit.

This was my first attempt at the Pop Gyaru element this weekend!



(thank you Kulotski Dee for the detailed photos of my outfit from J-Pop Summit!!)


Here are brands that could pass for Pop Gyaru!

Kokokim
Swan Kiss
Liz Lisa
Golds Infinity
Yumetembo
Ank Rogue
Galaxxy
and probably a lot more

Examples of nails, hair, clothing, ect that can be incorporated into Pop Gyaru Fashion


Pastel deco nails with a princess-like touch! Bling makes it a bit sexier!




Swan Kiss and Liz Lisa have beautiful colors in both bright and dark for those of you who want a color that's a bit darker or neutral. Both brands have a 'Pin-Up' girl thing going on. Because the clothes are so simple it's important to really do up your hair extravagantly in a hair do or nice curl and wear very bold make-up with these items to be Pop Gyaru!



Colored ombre hair is a huge thing I think. This has been trendy with natural colors but colorful gradients really add a fantasy/fairy like touch to the trend. This genre is all about color! This is actually Himena Osaki's hair! I think it's super cute and trendy!

So with that said what do you guys think? Do you think this could just be a trend or a fashion substyle? Do you think it truly represents ShibHara Fashion? Is Pop Gyaru an appropriate title for this? I'd love to hear feedback and even see other people's take on this style!!



2 comments:

  1. I think pop gyaru is where it's at! I

    have always loved the bright colors and fun patterns of the 07-09 era (the golden era I call it and it's still my favorite) and love the incorporation of the fairy kei type Harajuku styles. I really identify with this style and I can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope lots of girls try it out!!! I want to see this spread just to see if girls can really take on the challenge of creating the perfect balance! Even I fluked up a bit. I played it safe for the contest considering I had Zipper models are the judges or I would have worn heavier lashes for sure!

      Delete