Shiny Violet Star

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Make-Up Review: Urban Decay's Naked3 Palette Review/Overview

First off I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates everyone! Lots of stuff had been going on in my personal life and a lot of things just let up and finally came to a close unfortunately and fortunately. I'm trying my very best to remain optimistic and be as productive as possible now that I have the time to do so! If you'd like to kind of get an idea of where I'm at right now with the blog and YouTube channel; I made an update video about it!








Now on for the review, a month or so ago I received a Christmas gift from boyfriend Ying-and it happened to be the very sought after Naked3 which is as lots of you all already know; the third installment to Urban Decay's Naked Palette line. I had been actually creeping on this palette for a little while because the colors looked really unique in a girly/romantic type of way. Rose Gold was the theme for this palette and for me the brown/pink undertone made me pretty interested in it but I was pretty iffy on whether or not I really wanted it or whether it was worth the investment on it.

SO Ying ended up solving the debate with myself and just got me the palette as a present. I was pretty surprised and quite happy as you can guess! Here is what the packaging and colors look like:















For the most part the colors are all very gorgeous and worth the money. I never really understood why girls fawned over these palettes because I just saw them as a bunch of brown/gold eye shadows. I still see the first two Naked palettes this way but this one had a good gradation of colors and while I was working as soon as I got this palette, it was the only palette I would use for work make up. It makes you look like you've placed effort into your eye make-up even if you really haven't. The colors work really well for all skin tones I feel and the shadows have really nice pay off. You'll have a great variety of shimmers, glitters, frosts, and mattes!

Japanese Fashion wise this is a great palette for gyaru especially. I think if you're really into the Himekaji or Onee Gyaru/Sweet gyaru style this is the perfect palette for you. I wore Liz Lisa on Valentine's Day yesterday and this by far was the perfect palette to pair with Liz Lisa's romantic floral print and unique shade of brown!




If you're a lolita-this palette I think would work really nicely for sweet and classic lolita fashion. You have beautiful brown shades with nice pink under tones that will give your eyes a sweet chocolately feel to them. If you want to have dramatic colors you have the deep browns on the end and if you want to be more subtle you have the other end of the spectrum!

For a more in depth review of this palette and my opinion of it, check out the video below!


No comments:

Post a Comment