Shiny Violet Star

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Japanese Fashion Trends: Fall 2013

Hi you guys, I decided to blog it up while I had a bit of time on my hands. I had to grab at this entry and write it as I was doing so online window shopping through various brands this season! I have plenty to tell you about since I attended Japan Expo last weekend and made over the last couple of weekends a couple of crazy good investments that I will tell you about later on in another post. For now? Let me cover a couple key trends I've noticed in both gyaru and lolita fashion. 

Colors: 

This season is all about dark colors-especially warm ones. Think of cream, deep burgundy, deep browns and light browns. If you're going for 'cooler' colors this season consider emerald green and navy blue a must in your fall wardrobe! Here are a couple of examples. 


Liz Lisa



Tartan Print:

Tartan print is a HUGE fall staple this season. A couple years back we all rocked plaid as I remember of so well-this is like the warmer less punk-rock version of this though. I've seen this print TONS this fall season whether you are a lolita or a gyaru. Liz Lisa and Baby the Stars Shine Bright have exclusively been rocking this with their one piece dresses and skirts! 


 
Ank Rogue
Alice and the Pirates
Liz Lisa




Pearls:

Pearls have been a HUGE accessory.Whether you wear them dangling off of a bow hair piece or around your neck. Using pearls as a key accessory will make many outfits look very elegant and lady-like!



Ank Rouge


Berrets: 

I'm not talking about those trashy loose knitted ones either. I'm talking about the real deal! Baby the Stars Shine Bright and Ank Rouge have lovely examples. If you add bows/pearls/dangly things? Props to you!


Alice and the Pirates
Ank Rouge




Make-Up Looks/Colors:

Because the colors are so dark and warm this season consider using warm colors for your make-up. Think cranberry colors, creams, and golds for your eye colors. Brown and black eyeliner is always acceptable. Blush wise think rose or cherry red-though I think NARS Super Orgasm/Orgasm blush is always crazy acceptable no matter what the season! Lip tint wise? Go all out with red, plums, or if you're on the lighter side-browns and nudes for lip colors! 



Mac's Indulgence Line has TONS of warm colors. Don't let the advert pic fool you! Go to the counter and look!


That will be it for now my loves! I hope these trends are here to stay during the cooler weather. I'm glad that we get a gorgeous pop of color even for the cooler months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment