Shiny Violet Star

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Etude House: Look At my Eyes Series (Berry Soda, Marigold Clutch, BR407)

As most people on social media have figured out, lately, I've been on a huge ass Etude House fix. I don't know what it is-the affordability, the cute packaging, how they market this shit, the bloggers who swear by it, or the quality but all my money has been going there. It's quite literally this season, been my alternative to high end brand make up. Being a college student makes it sometimes difficult to get your fix and sometimes you can find some really good alternatives. 

The Etude House Look at My Eyes series eye shadow singlets are absolutely no exception to this. I do highly recommend that you research the colors/look at swatches before investing just in case you're looking for a certain pigmentation. Regardless some of these eye shadow are super worth the investment for 4.00-5.00 a pop.  

These all are very cutely packaged and compact eye shadows. What's also really amazing about this line is the fact that Etude House sells empty eye shadow palettes. Take off the sticker at the bottom and push up with a pin and you'll have depotted your eye shadow to place in the palette!

I got the sought after and very popular Look at my Eyes Cafe series' "Berry Soda" eye shadow first off. It was a color that I actually didn't have in my collection and I really liked it. I really wish I could have got the "Deep Berry Soda" color to pair with it but that one tends to be even more popular and was sold out. The berry color is so so pretty. It has a nice matte finish and let's just say I'm all about the glitter and never usually opt for matte eye shadows. I've been grabbing at this color again and again however! It's so pretty!! Super pigmented for the price and incredibly blendable. You can go for a really crazy bright pink or opt for a softer colorful touch to the eye. 

The next color I got was by accident, and it's BR407, I'm not exactly sure what the actual name of this one is but do note; THERE ARE THREE BR407s in the Etude House Look at my Eyes Range (Etude House wtf?). This one is a bit of a camel brown color with a slight shimmer to it. It's a great all over the lid color but you can definitely place this as a crease color for when you have lighter eye shadow on or use it under the eye for a bit of color. This was such an unexpected like. 

Marigold Clutch is the next BR407 color that I had actually intended to purchase but had made the accidental mistake. I had seen a beautiful swatch of this one online and HAD to have it. This color is more of a cool toned brown with chunky bits of glitter. It can be worn all over the lid or placed ontop of eye shadows for a pretty glitter effect. I absolutely adore this eye shadow. It's so so so gorgeous and is one of my favorites out of the three. 


In all I really enjoy these eye shadows a lot. It's a great alternative to MAC or Urban Decay singlets depending on the colors you choose. I've used all three on my eye lids for a whole look. I didn't wear  any eye lashes just so I could show how they show up with opened eyes. 


Here are swatches used with primer to show the shadows at their most vibrant state


Top to Bottom: Berry Soda, BR407, Marigold Clutch



No comments:

Post a Comment