Shiny Violet Star

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Traveling Tips for the High Maintenance Girl In Your Life

Today we're going to be a bit of a generalized post because I thought this would be nice to share. While I don't go to cons or sleep over at places not nearly as much as I used to, I for sure remember packing and making due being a huge struggle. Why? I'm high maintenance as fuck. Like most girls I bring fuck tons of make up but ontop of that my hair's to my waist and my shampoo containers are jumbo sized, I have to bring different shoes to match my outs, I have an iron and hairspray to bring, face wash, skin care....you name it. It's literally the biggest mess. So I am about to share with you ladies some serious traveling tips that I have learnt in the past year.

-First comes first-have a fucking check list.


If you're that type of girl that has to somehow pack her entire life in her travel bag? Most likely you need a list or you'll be half way to your destination and will forget something. It happens to be EVERY SINGLE time. Mainly with make up because that gets used the day of and packed last.

-Don't be afraid to have a separate bag for your shoes. 


Shoes take up a fuck ton of room in a suit case. Plus if you're wearing nice clothes, white clothes, or chiffon/delicate fabric? Most likely you don't want to fuck that shit up. Bring a little travel duffle with a zipper for your shoes, hairspray, and flatiron. That way bigger objects are out of your suit case and not taking up as much room.

-Pack your palettes between your clothes. 


Nothing is worse than discovering an eyeshadow palette broken. Like holy shit could you have been any rougher with my bag people? Regardless, if can't be their fault because they don't know what's exactly in your bag. So play it safe, pack your make up palettes between your clothes to cushion them.

-Invest in a good travel make up bag


I'm not meaning those tiny little suckers you get on the check out display at Forever21 or the freebies in magazines. I mean, GET A BAG. I spent around..60.00 on my Liz Lisa home/travel make up bag and I swear to you it was the best investment I made while working. Decent sized shit will fit in there if you take your huge ass palettes out and all of it's cushioned hopefully. May your blushes and pressed pigments be protected. <3

-Foaming Face Cleanser is a God Send


Say you're the girl who takes a shower every other day (oh hush it's not gross. there's plenty I know who do it lol they grew up in a big family or just have too much fucking hair and shit to deal with/not enough time in a day). Most likely you have make up CAKED on your face and make up wipes won't cut it. Gets a good ass cleanser. That shit will come right off. I've been using the 100% Pure Cucumber Cleanser and the packaging is ideal for traveling. Gel cleansers tend to make a fucking soapy watery mess on your shirt, on the counter...everywhere. Save yourself the pain. Get a foaming cleanser. Your hair, counter space, wet clothes, ect will thank you.

-Contact Lense Cases are the Best

Say you don't have travel sized bottles or....your hair isn't to your waist like mine is. Most likely you'll be able to get away with putting your shampoo in a lense case. Some brands just don't make travel size and if you don't have bottles this is the way to go. I had to do this with my Ichikami and load a couple lense cases up for a couple days. I use both sides for one shampoo unfortunately. This is also good for your conditioner and if you MUST (I use and wash my face with two cleansers like a nut when i shower) throw your gel face cleanser in it. This is also good for face moisturizer. Contact lense cases are your friends.

-If you have travel sized brand bottles-don't throw them away


This is a god send for my thickass hair. Ichikami in travel size is ridiculous. Get a big cheap ass sized travel bottle of shampoo with a TWIST CAP (I see ones with those press open caps and that's a damn mess in your suit case waiting to happen) and throw your nicer shampoo in there.

-Keep your contacts/pads/lipgloss/pills/chargers/contact solution/safety pins/bandaids/eyelash glue ect. in your purse


Anything small or shit that you'll be taking out a lot, just leave in your purse. There's no need to throw it in your suitcase because that shit without a doubt will get lost. Especially if there's multiples of them. Anything to save room in your travel bag.

-Buy a damn decent mirror


Daiso mirrors you're okay but when I have to use shit at an angle, you screw me over big time. Do yourself a favor. Buy yourself an adjustable mirror. I don't know if brands in the States do it but I've seen Rady, Liz Lisa, ect. make some cute ass mirrors that have adjustable settings and are padded so they do not break.

-Roll Your PJs/Under stuff, Fold Your Nicer Clothes 

This is a space saver.

-Bring a rollerball perfume 

Full sized perfumes will bust. Along with other toiletries a good rollerball perfume is a great touch.

-Paddle Brush/Tease Brush


You never know what the hell you're going to do with your hair. Do yourself a favor. Bring both.

-Keep your wig caps and bobby pins in your bag automatically


I'm not an avid wig wearer anymore so I have forgotten wig caps and such plenty of times. Just automatically have one in your bag with a hair tie.

-On that note bring hair ties


This should go without explaining.

-For the love of god don't unpack your shit


If you're anything like I am, it's good to keep your shit in ONE SPACE. You are less likely to lose things this way. I can't tell you how many times someone's left their shit at a hotel or went on a wild goose chase trying to find shit. Just leave your shit in your bag. In YOUR corner of the room. That way all you have to usually worry about is your make up in terms of packing. Keep track of what you're taking out of your bag. Consider it a trunk or drawer. What comes out MUST go back in after it's been used. It should be a damn requirement that every roomie has their damn corner of the room and nobody is allowed in that space without asking first. It's like having a room except it's a corner.

-Bring a nail kit


You never know when you're going to break a damn nail.

-Bandaids are life


If you wear heels like me this goes without saying.

-Bring a good compact with a mirror/eyeliner/eyelash glue and leave that shit in your purse 


I can't tell you how many times my friends have had make up dysfunctions and I've saved the day. If you just make this your routine you'll thank me later.

-Keep your wallet in your purse


How the hell are you going to go out at night without the sufficient cash or cards right? This goes without saying.

-If you know you take two hours to get ready, don't be inconsiderate. 


Wake up early and get ready before people wake up or take a short time to clean up. If you take the longest most likely people will be waiting for you and it's rude and inconsiderate to take longer when you have plans with people or shit to do.

-Bring all the chargers/charging cables


Because if you're an SMS person like me, your phone probably dies midday without. You're also probably everyone's god send with your portable charger when they jack it from you. Bring two.

-DO NOT FORGET YOUR MAKE UP


This is literally most likely the last thing to go in your bag. Do not forget anything. I forgot my make up brushes last con I went to and wanted to kill myself.

-Leave enough time for your irons to cool


If you're checking out of the hotel or using your irons before you pack and leave for your destination, give them sufficient cooling time. This should be common sense but you'd be surprised at how I've seen people's stuff melt.

-Toothbrush Cases are the Best


Most likely you have a little cup at home and then you have to pack and you're like oh man wtf. These little hard cases are awesome. You can find them for a dollar. Just clean them out or they'll get gross.




No comments:

Post a Comment