Shiny Violet Star

Monday, February 1, 2016

Sayo Hayakawa Motto Eye No. 001 Eyelashes Review

Hello! It's been a slight second since my last blog post and I decided this was a perfect time to bust this one out while things are pretty busy on my end. This review has been long overdue. I've had these eyelashes since September and am just now reviewing them. These have been the eyelash I've used for my Popteen gal inspired looks where I want that innocent droopy eye.

These are eyelashes produced by ex-Koakuma Ageha model Sayo Hayakawa. They're called Motto Eye and they're actually quite hard to find. I consider this a rare find of sorts because you can't just look these up on eBay and find them. I found these at an online thrift shop and I'm actually regretting stocking up in a sense. These lashes have actually grown on me quite a bit.

They do give you the innocent doe-eyed look that was really popular a couple of years ago. The lashes are really fluffy and have a nice gradient thin to thick on the ends. I was wondering for a really long time how models were getting this type of look and it for sure, takes this style of eyelash to achieve it. While Dollywink 01 eyelashes are similar in style, they're not nearly as long or as fluffy as these. This really give a dramatic look if applied right.


They have a comfortable clear band to help you align your eye make up just right with your eyelashes too which is great.

However there are some cons to these eyelashes. I can see why these didn't sell as well and were in bulk at a thrift shop online.

First off while the band is nice and clear, the band is incredibly flimsy. It's so difficult to ensure you're placing your eyelash in the right area and are getting the right shape. Also forget layering other lashes ontop of these because you will royally fuck these over and ruin them. They're not meant for it. Don't try it. I learnt the hard way.

ALSO let's talk about not only how flimsy the band is but the LENGTH in terms of WIDTH in these lashes. When it comes to eye shapes I am more or less blessed in terms of not having to worry about crazy eye make up/colors showing up/eyeliner being the biggest pain in the ass. I have hooded lengthy eyes so I have plenty of room for plenty of crazy eye make up-eye shadow colors, liners, and extremely long lash bands. While sometimes eyelashes don't show up on me because my lid crease is so high at times, I've learnt to combat it. But if an eye lash band is TOO LONG FOR ME? Can you imagine what a bitch these must be for Japanese girls or even just any girl with smaller eyelids in general? Like how the fuck do you manage that?! Because I barely did..........




Sure you could cut the lashes down but if these are expensive as Dollywinks or Diamond Lash you almost cringe doing it because of how much you paid for them. Not to mention sometimes you like that volume but what makes this difficult wouldn't be the width length of this band if it weren't for how fucking flimsy the band was.


Do any of you have those pairs of lashes you reserve for days when you're going out and in a hurry and then ones you use during special occasions and where you have time to spare? I am that person!! These are the ones I wear when I have to have time on my hands. Why? Because I have to maneuver these around my fucking eyelid to make sure they are stuck and even because the band can potentially pop off or you can have them slightly crooked/uneven easily.

However, you did see me mention above why I regret not buying more. Let me tell you guys why.

If you DO have the time and patience to rig these up? They look absolutely amazing. You want those cute gyaru eyes with the fluffy droopy parts at the end? This is the secret and the ones to get. I've worn these a couple of times for events and haven't regretted it. A lot of people have asked me where I got these or what I am wearing and I get super sad when I'm unable to tell people where, because like I said. I've looked on ebay and a couple other places, these are impossible to find. Which is really saddening because occasionally I like having lashes or looks like these.

Here is one look where the lashes completely showed up. If you look at the blog video I did for my massive make up haul, I'm wearing those there and they looked so amazing in that video. I truly felt like I had achieved eye make up model status with them. I had such cute eyes there!!

If you CAN find these I highly suggest you snag them. Especially if you tend to be a make up junkie/collector/eyelash queen like myself. These are really fun to experiment with if you have the time to play around and aren't afraid of trial and error!

No comments:

Post a Comment