Shiny Violet Star

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Solone Fantasy Wonderland Eyeshadow Palette Review

Boy do I have a hidden gem for you! Recently I splurged and got a couple of "school" things for my birthday. I say school because I still have to look decent even for school. As long as my grades are up (as well as my overall GPA), everything is turned in on time, and it's a special occasion and not consistent I allow myself to treat myself to going out or to some nice things. Because I don't go out very often I decided to treat myself to some nice things. This was because my birthday was next month and I already knew what I wanted and a certain haul kind of required me to get some things before someone else bought them out..

One of the things I bought was the Solone Fantasy Wonderland Eye Kit. This cosmetics brand is from Taiwan and that's something that I personally don't hear of very often. Usually when you think of beauty products especially in my realm of fashion you think of Japan and South Korea. However I've seen a couple of blogger use some of Solone's older line and admired the glitter pay off a lot. Because of this I decided to try it out myself and on a slightly newer product. I was a little iffy because a lot of girls used the sheer glitters but never the eye shadows.

Man are they missing out! What a hidden gem! Seriously. In my video I sound so amazed but it's because I truly am. If you like Urban Decay's Naked palettes but you like the shimmery neutrals, this is FOR YOU.


First off before I get ahead of myself, let's talk about the packaging. I've noticed that Solone has ran with a theme lately. The theme being 'Alice in Wonderland'. Because of this, the packaging is extremely cute. When I got the palette I noticed it's packaging was tin and compact. Like a mint tin! It's really cute and great for your purse for when you touch up on the go. I know a lot of people will bitch about not having a mirror in this palette but you guys... How many of you actually carry around a mirror or compact in your purse? I know I do. There's no need for a mirror. it would just make the palette bulkier and heavier. There's truly no need for one. Especially since some palettes like to throw shitty  'fun house' mirror in their product's packaging, I rather bring my own mirror. The inside is a bit cheap but for the 15.00 dollar price tag I can't complain. The eye shadows are encased in a plastic thing that would probably be easy to pop the eye shadows out of and into another (a magnetic maybe?) palette. They give you a sponge applicators. I won't even TALK about sponge applicators because I hate them. I much rather use a good dense brush that can pack on the product nicely.



In terms of quality of the actual product. These eye shadows are beautiful neutral shimmer shades! I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's my new favorite. It's really good quality too. I was actually really shocked about that. These shadows are softer than the Urban Decay shadows (meaning they blend super well without major fall out) and as shimmery as the Urban Decay. I know it's unfair to compare the two brands but honestly these colors are all I have to compare it to. The shadows in the sunlight are really glittery and pretty. The top orangey/peach color is definately my favorites. This palette has beautiful all over lid colors, great and blendable transition and crease colors, and opaque highlight colors. It's a great to go palette!

When  first swatched the colors for the pictures everyone was asking whether or not I was using primer! I wasn't! These showed up beautifully on their own. But to get the full potential out of this palette I do highly recommend using eye shadow primer.




I did a full look today with the palette. The colors lasted all day and are even on now, vibrant as ever! The colors didn't crease or melt at all! This is the look when I first applied it in the morning.





This is the full look I did!





For a full video of live swatches and such, check out the video review below!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment