Shiny Violet Star

Friday, May 15, 2015

G&G/Dueba Super Nudy Pink Circle Lenses: Review


Hello again you guys! I'm on a roll with posts this month considering I did a full on look with some new circle lenses that I got in my Kiwi-Berry order! Today I'll be reviewing the Dueba Super Nudy Pink circle lenses. 

I was SO excited to get a pair of pink lenses. I'm really obsessed with bunnies and bunny-like looks. This was mainly for a lolita coordinate I had planned. I wanted a lense with a 14.5-15.0 diameter and the description of these lenses were just that. 

The Super Nudy Pink lenses are at a 14.5 milimeter diameter range which are perfect for giving you a dolly eyed look. In terms of comfort they're not nearly as comfortable as the preview QT lenses I reviewed but they're not as difficult as my always drying (but worth it) Princess Mimi series. 


However, what I was hoping for was for this contact lense to be super bright and vibrant. I kept seeing stock photos and it looks so 'kira-kira' and so pretty. But all the stock photos I saw were of girls who had brown eyes. This made it especially difficult because I did want a sparkling type of pink look that I've seen even a couple of my own friends pull off. These made it just look like I had pink-flecks in my eyes and not a full out color. Which wasn't exactly what I was aiming for. 

It's not that this circle lense is bad and if I take pictures close up like the one I have above, you kind of can see the color. However I do feel like this isn't the circle lense for someone who wants a color change and a diameter change in their eyes IF you have light colored eyes like myself. It's such a huge challenge finding circle lenses for myself and I had go through a lot of trial and error to find the perfect pair that gives my the best of both worlds like they do for my darker eyed friends.


A lot of people tell me I'm lucky that I have green eyes because the contacts will show up brighter. Yes and no. These lenses for instance are good if you have a dark contrast. Then the pink shows up hella. Same with the Princess Mimis. They work on a darker background. Another thing I struggle with when it comes to circle lenses if not being able to fake a darker larger pupil like someone with brown eyes can. When I wear circle lenses there's a huge keyhole of green space occasionally that makes choosing a circle lense hard because I do have to take all these factors into consideration before making a circle lense choice. You circle lense wearers with darker eyes have it much easier actually! 





As for the look I did with this lense. It wasn't really the type of lense where I could seriously do a bright cutesy look with. They looked darker than I had intended so I went with an all out Sakurai Rina inspired rock gyaru look. It was really simple and a bit rushed because I was racing against the sunlight so I could take pictures in natural light. 

I've really been experimenting and liking the whole 'red' hued make up look. I've seen it around a lot and while this is probably more fall appropriate I think it works for edgy rock looks such as this one. No it's not heavy like Amihamu's staple rock gyaru make up but that's why I went with something SakuRina inspired instead since her make up is just a little lighter in terms of the genre. 

A good portion of the color palette for this look is a sparkling nude base, red on the edge that have been taupered out, and for the crease transition color I used a truffle brown. Highlight wise I used a rose gold highlight with flecks of gold glitter. I used a pink blush on the apples of my cheeks and a gradiented rose colored contour for a slightly darker look. To pull the look in a darker rougher direction I rocked a vamp black to red ombre lip to really have this look scream 'rock gal'. 

I think it suited the lenses nicely. It's a very 'red' look but despite the warmness it's still cool toned in certain senses. It was definitely an experimental look! 

Like the look? Check out the make-up tutorial below to see how I did this look! 




No comments:

Post a Comment