Shiny Violet Star

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Dolly Wink Lashes: 'Pure Sweet' No 11 Review



Hello you guys! I'm back with another Dolly Wink review. I got these lashes a while back and tried them out a month or so ago! These are the Dolly Wink Number 11 lashes 'Pure Sweet'. These's are a little bit different from the typical Dolly Wink sets I get. They're quite literally from the 'otona' series in the sense that they're really natural and not exactly dramatic at all. I did like how fluttery they were and they came with a free full size glue and that's what really made me cave into getting it. I thought this would be a good lash to go through an experimental phase. With gyaru make up toning down and seeing even Tsubasa Masuwaka herself sport a more natural look, I thought I would try it out for myself to see what the hype was about. 



I did have to layer Dolly Wink number '3' ontop for a bit of length. I was getting volume slightly but not enough length for my liking. Because of that factor, I really tried to do kind of a natural 'Popteen' esque look with these lashes since you can hardly tell that any of the models in that magazine are wearing lashes anymore. As usual, these Dolly Winks have a clear thin band that's perfect for the days where you want to wear thinner eyeliner like I did or no eyeliner at all. 

Because this is Tsubasa endorsed it only felt right to pair the Dolly Wink's with the Princess Mimi circle lenses in sesame grey for a full doe eyed look. Natural make up does work best with this as well. Otherwise your eye make up will be too harsh and you won't be able to see these lashes at all. Stick to light neutral colors to get a full effect!


This what the lashes look like with eyes closed. You can kind of see the 3s on top but they're so thin and sparse and only for added length that you're really seeing the 11s honestly. This personally? These are too natural for me. I really love dramatic eye make up for some reason so it felt a bit weird putting so much effort into my make up or bothering to put on lashes when they hardly show any difference. Because I have such a high set eye crease, these lashes hardly show up. I have really thick lashes in terms of volume as well so if anything these just add to the volume and not really the length for me. 

In terms of comfort, they're typical Dolly Wink quality. I can barely feel them. Application is a bit challenging if you're used to lashes with sturdier harder bands. As always, I recommend only using Dolly Wink glue with these types of lashes because you'll get a lot more wear out of them and they won't pop off as easily based on my previous experiences. 


This is what they look like in a full look. As you can see, it hardly looks like I have falsies in at all right? For gyaru fashion these might not be ideal, however if you're into lolita fashion I think these are perfect. They do give a boost to your eye lashes and would frame your make up nicely. If  you don't have deep set eyes or a higher eye crease I'm sure there would be a bit more length in these for you too! In all these are probably going to be used for lolita fashion or everyday looks for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment