Shiny Violet Star

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Circle Lenses Review: QT Iced Blue Featuring Popteen Style SwanKiss/Larme Style Fashion + Plus Haul Video



Hello everyone~! I am back with another post considering I just received a fashion related package just yesterday which for sure inspired me to do a new look. About a month ago I ordered a couple of circle lenses from KiwiBerry-1 Shop which was having a huge closing sale. Circle lenses were 8.00 a pop and I needed to seriously take advantage because it was just way too good of a deal. I decided instead of ordering my 'go-to' lenses or colors that this would be the perfect chance to try out new colors and brands.

One set of lenses that caught my eye was the QT Iced Blue pair because it was such a bright blue color but the ring around the edges was soft. For anyone who is keeping up with the trends in circle lenses and make up recently, circle lenses that are more for color (and natural color especially) and not for the limbal ring around the edges. Before a lot of circle lenses had a really thick limbal ring creating the illusion of doe-like glossy doll eyes. Now a day the whole look whether your a lolita or gyaru, has toned down a ton. I thought this was a good chance to finally try the new trend out as hesitant as I was. I have naturally light eyes and the new trend is a bit like what my own eyes are like but bigger, so I didn't know if the contacts would be noticeable or if anyone would be able to tell the difference.

Thankfully when I tried them on they were absolutely perfect. Natural but noticeable due to the color and enlargement. They're definitely not to be considered 'dolly eye' contacts. They're a lot more mature looking for sure!




These lenses are a yearly lense and the diameter is 14.5. The contact material is incredibly soft compared to my Vassen or Princess Mimi circle lenses. They were so comfortable that I almost forgot they were in my eye and when I took them out after a good eight hours there was no redness to my eyes what-so-ever. Which is AMAZING because my eyes usually are always red after I remove contacts. Because they were 14.5 in diameter they were a lot easier to put into my eye as well. In all I am incredibly impressed with these circle lenses to have not ever heard over the QT Line. Now I'm just worried over where else to find them once these expire! These are for sure a new favorite for me!






These lenses also inspired me to do a new style/look. Because the lenses are so nude, they really reminded me of the SwanKiss shop girls and Saaya Hayashida, the designer herself. I've seen Popteen girls also rock this like nothing depending on what look the magazine is aiming for. I know a lot of the Ageha models are also trying out lenses like these. I think for agejo tho I'll still to my huge eyes, huge lashes, and thick limbal ring on the edges. However, I have never tried the Popteen style as seriously as before nor have I tried to emulate the look that SwanKiss aims for. Larme Kei is incredibly cutesy and for awhile I was calling the look 'Pop Gyaru' before I knew the look had a name. Certain looks that are sexier I still count as 'Pop Gyaru' because it's really cute but sexy and Barbie like. So sticking slightly to my gyaru roots, I aimed for a new look with these lenses.

I curled my hair and put it up into a side ponytail with a sparkly gold ribbon to really have my hair have that 50s-esque cutesy look that I've seen a ton of the magazine models flawlessly pull off. As for my eye make up, it's the Naked 3 palette. All the pink colors with a white/pinkish highlight at the brow bone. The crease is done by a dark pinky brown color. I used the Etude House 'Pearl' Tear Drop liner for that white/pink highlight color and then went over with the Urban Decay Gold Heavy Metal liner. For the cheeks I packed on a dark pink blush I have in the 24 Karat TokiDoki Travel Palette I have.  I placed a couple layers of loose glitter ontop for a really sparkly cheek look that I'm seeing all the girls wear! Lashes are the Diamond Lash Dolly Eye and Dollywink No 05 for the bottom lashes. I placed Daiso jewels around my eyes much like the SwanKiss girls do in a good portion of their photos! My lipstick color was Mac's 'Saint Germain' All I was missing was pink extensions or something. That and of course the SwanKiss clothing or Larme Kei wardrobe.

I wore gold and pink with white because I wanted the key piece to kind of be my Sailor Moon charm/necklace.

What do you guys think? Does this look suit me?




I think I almost have too thin of a face and have aged too much to be cutesy but I triiiied. Regardless it was fun to do and was a nice challenge. It was something different for a change!!


Anyway, while I was dressed I did another video to tide you guys over. As you'll see I have two more sets of circle lenses to eventually review as I
open them. Along with some other goods to show like Jesus Diamante, my new phone and laptop, Anna Sui, and Sailor Moon goodies and just so much more! Until next time lovelies!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment