Shiny Violet Star

Monday, February 16, 2015

Ichikami Hair Products: Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hair Treatment Pack

Over Valentines Day weekend I recieved a very sweet and generous bag full of gifts and goodies from my good friend Tammy (thank you so much darling!) and one of the gifts was Ichikami hair care products. Beforehand I had seen Ichikami products all over the Japanese grocery stores I would hit. Admittedly the packaging is cute and attractive. The bottles are incredibly sleek and fit in small hands easily and the colors of the bottles are so nice. But I could never justify busting the money on them....

Tammy mentioned that the brand was incredibly popular and that it was great. So before I started throwing my money at it she decided to send me the shampoo and conditioner to try out. Not only would it start me out on the product but the cool thing is with Japanese shampoos is that you save the bottles and buy the refill of the shampoo in bags. It's a lot of more economically friendly and cheaper on your wallet by just buying a refill versus an entirely new shampoo bottle. 
I was super excited to try out this brand because I heard it doesn't have a lot of damaging chemicals that other shampoo brands have and used pure botanicals. The set I got was the 'smoothing' set. There's one other set and it's to keep your hair moisturized. When I was looking through all the contents sent me I had to open the hair treatment to smell it. 

First off all of the products smell absolutely amazing. They're a really delicate fruity floral scent. It's not super sweet but flowery but not so flowery that it's crazy over powering. I really do not know the right adjectives to explain the scent of this stuff. It's all amazing and after I used all of it in my hair I could not fucking stop smelling my hair. 

Showering was like usual. The shampoo lathers regular and the conditioner is like any conditioner. Afterward I used the hair treatment while I washed my face and left it in for a couple of minutes.

The real results really showed when I started combing through my hair. I absolutely wish I had the damn hair water so I wouldn't be using my spray in conditioner to replace that. Not a single fucking knot stayed and the comb brushed through my hair so easily. I let my hair dry naturally because I believe that blow drying while wet is kinda damaging, It's bad enough I flat iron my hair. Once my hair dried it was super wavy naturally and soft. I loved it so much.... I was so impressed.

But to further me falling in love after it dried I did decide to flat iron it and holy crap my hair was the smoothest it has EVER been... It literally felt like I went to a salon. It smells good, it felt like silk, it didn't tangle and just felt so light... I was so glad I went to Mitsuwa and bought the shampoo refill because I am now incredibly hooked to this product. I'm in love. Beforehand I was using the American Vidal Sasoon and Herbal Essence and in comparison to Ichikami? American shampoos feel crazy heavy and oily. Japan once again you have amazed me so much. I can't get over this. 

Here are the results of my hair after flat ironing! A lot of people on my facebook friends list are wondering what I'm raving about or what I am just now using on my hair and I couldn't help but spazz. THANK YOU SO MUCH TAMMY! <3 <3 





I highly recommend everyone try Ichikami for a variety of reasons. 

1. It smells amazing
2. Eco-friendly. You get refills in bags and can keep the bottles
3. Cutest packaging ever and the bottles are small-hand friendly
4. Makes your hair light and silky



If that doesn't convince you Horikita Maki and Koda Kumi rep this product so hard here are the CMs to close this blog entry off with~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment