Shiny Violet Star

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Holika Holika Pig Nose Three Step Kit First Impression and Review

Unless you're counting a Skin79 BB Cream and a PeriPera lip tint I got, I really haven't gotten to try Korean cosmetics or skin care things. I've heard so many people say good things about them so I did decide to give it a try. I ended up going on the cheaper end and I saw Holika Holika had something for a dollar so I grabbed at it, Holika Holika has always been pretty appealing to me in terms of make-up and skin care. Not because I know what the products are like but because they have interesting ways of marketing and packaging their products. I've always wanted to try Holika Holika and here was my chance. 




I ended up trying the Pig Nose Three Step Kit~ 

Three Steps in Detail: 

This product is supposed to clean your pores of any type of dirt/black heads and also minimize your pores. Unfortunately I don't have good quality pictures to really show you plus I think taking pictures of my nose are pretty gross regardless of results. SO I will be telling you about it instead and showing you a first impression video (ew me make up less). 

First off I did no research on how to use this product and the instructions were in Korean. So you will definitely see me in the video fiddling with the product a little bit because I had no idea what was what. The first step felt like a deep toner. It wasn't as harsh as my Neutrogena toner that I use but there was definitely a sting there. And you know what they say, if it hurts? It's working. It didn't look at my nose beforehand to see if it was dirty but it seems like it wasn't. Nothing came off onto any of the pads at all. I had just cleaned my face before filming because you should probably be doing this with a clean face. My cleanser is the Biore Charcoal Cleaner that is also supposed to be for pores, so maybe that is why!

The second step was a pore strip. I did not know what was was... It wasn't a super sticky pore strip at all which was confusing and made me thing that I needed to peel that bit too! The pore strips I have experienced in the past are pretty sticky so this was like...a milder form of that. Eventually as you'll see in the video, I figured out what was what and figured out to put it on my nose. It kind of had an herbally scent? Maybe things that are good for your skin? It also had a slight warming effect which was interesting.

Peeling it off wasn't as bad as other pore strips I've encountered, It was a slight pull but it wasn't like peeling duct tape off your skin. The third step was a little confusing because there was a white strip and then a gel strip. I assume you use the gel strip and I'm not exactly sure what it did but I'm assuming it's like a face mask but for your nose. It's probably adding moisture back in after peeling things away and cleaning it out with the last two steps. 




End results: 

The end results were really nice. I don't think I had any black heads or anything to begin with but it did minimize my super huge pores sufficiently. Which was great. Usually I have to use a pore filler before applying concealer and foundation for my face but when I placed on my make up the next day there wasn't huge holes in my foundation.




Verdict: 

I really like this product! It did exactly what it had claimed. It really makes me want to try out more Korean Skincare products and Korean
Cosmetics as well. I'm really interested in trying a ton of stuff out now! This was super well priced and I would definitely purchase again. Hopefully soon I'll be able to purchase some more Holika Holika or other Korean make-up or skin care brands. 

Video:

So here is the first impression video... It's more of a reaction video if anything. I was very very wary of posting it up because this is the first time I've ever posted myself on the internet with a totally bare face with no make-up. For this product though, I needed to have a clean face and you can't exactly do that when you have a full face of make-up on. That would be silly. Yes my skin isn't the greatest and hasn't been so I'm very very self conscious but here is the video... If you can't tell from this, I place A LOT of effort into my make-up artistry for other videos or even for pictures/going out. It's a long process but it is a process that I am proud of. I do hope this video helps you guys who want to try this Three Step Kit out. I included all the mistakes I made and everything just so people would know what not to do. Haha enjoy you guys!!



No comments:

Post a Comment