Shiny Violet Star

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lush Product Haul and Review: Bathbombs and Shimmy Shimmy Bar

Hello lovelies! I'm back once again with a bit of a product/brand review on something that I've mentioned quite a bit on the blog before and happens to be my newest obsession. This obsession happens to be over bath and body products-this one being Lush! I stumbled across Lush during the holiday season and realized that the bathbombs make great little small Christmas gifts. So I bought a couple for the family (the holiday limited edition ones) and the Sakura Bathbomb for myself insisting that this was for occasions only. The cool thing about Lush is that it is natural and vegan for those of you who are concerned about it being that and cruelty free. Their products are handmade. They do everything from bath salts, lotions, to skin care and body glitter infested lotions. I've been on kind of 
a fix. 





*~BATHBOMBS~*

This is where I was wrong however! First off the bathbombs smell GREAT. You don't even have to use them for the bathtub, you can place them in your room or closet and it will smell up your whole room. The scents of this stuff is amazing. I almost didn't want to throw them into the tub because then my room wouldn't smell nearly as nice. 


Now these bathbombs are quite pricey for just one use admittedly. I kind of wish they'd come in little sets of minis that do the same thing for the tub but maybe not be as much of a waste. I try to soak in the tub for as long as I possibly can while putting on a sheet mask for a full pampering effect.


Every time I get out of the tub not only do I *smell* amazing but my skin feels so much softer. I feel less sore and feel a lot more refreshed. 


I've used two bathbombs so far! 




Sakura Bathbomb:




I ADORE this bathbomb. Now I've always had a thing for Bath and Body Work's "Japanese Cherry Blossom" which is why I tried this out but this is nothing like that. It's not woody scented or as strong. This smells exactly like spring. I'm not sure if you'd say that it is a really sakura blossom smell but it is quite floraly. 


This one doesn't do too much to the water admittedly at all. You water turns out being kind of a milky color to then clear so it doesn't do nearly as much as the fancier ones but I have an appreciation for this bathbomb and it's kind of been a regular purchase when I have hit up Lush. 



Space Girl:




Space Girl was my first "fancy" bathbomb from Lush. I liked it because it had gorgeous flecks of silver glitter in it and kind of reminded me of Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon. It's purple with a splash of red and has a much stronger scent than the Sakura Bathbomb.

However this scent in my honest opinion smells super sweet and like berries. It made my room smell flipping amazing. 


As for dropping this into the water it turns the water a deep red color. Now I hear this can vary. I've heard of people's bomb turning purple but mine turned the blood of my enemies as shown here. There were also really awesome flecks of sparkling glitter in the tub but it wasn't like..obnoxious or affected the bath in any type of way. 


A question I got was whether or not the red dye stained the tub? No. It didn't. There was no glitter remains either! Yet again it left my skin feeling super soft!





*~SHIMMY SHIMMY BAR~*




This is the other product that I tried. I'm not sure if it's considered one of their 'massage bars' or not but it really has a pretty scent of coco butter which is amazing. I saw Michelle Phan and XiaXue's video on their Lush haul from way back a long time ago and they were using the bronzing bar. So I went into Lush to see what it was and if it was nice. 

Unfortunately I'm too pale for that one but the sale's lady then showed me the Shimmy Shimmy bar which was light and had flecks of glitter in it. I have a weakness for glitter and this was an awesome alternative to body glitter. Plus it smelled super good!


Here is the swatch of how it looks on skin! I think it looks really pretty! I'm shocked my iPhone 4 quality pictures actually was capable of picking up the specks of glitter and show the shimmer.





In all I highly recommend Lush for the days where you just want to spoil and pamper yourself. I really want to try out more things from them like their skin care and all. Maybe one day!  All their products so far are kind of a guilty indulgence of mine and make me feel a bit like a princess. 






No comments:

Post a Comment