Shiny Violet Star

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cosplay Turned Fashion: Reira Serizawa from Ai Yazawa's Nana make-up Tutorial

Whether you like anime/manga or not-there's something about Ai Yazawa's series that really captures her readers/fans attention. Perhaps it's the borderline realistic edge that turns into fantasy that makes it relatable while still occasionally being a tragic fairy tale. Maybe it is also how stylish her characters are-they almost have stick like model-esque figures that feature beautiful clothing. 

Anything of Ai Yazawa's has captured my attention whether it's known series like Nana or lesser known series like Kagen no Tsuki. If you're into a good story line, beautiful artwork, and all that's in between? Her stuff is for you. I love looking at the clothes (some which are indeed real life brands and others her own beautiful creation) and fashion trends that really pass through her series. There's everything from punk rock babes to gyaru and lolita in her manga/anime series. And that's what makes it so beautiful and so relatable-because you almost want to be that if not DRESS like it 


Over the weekend a couple of friends selca whored some closet cosplays from the Nana series just because we were stuck at home and wanted to have fun. I took on the task of doing doing Trapnest's angelic songtress Reira who happens to personally be my favorite character in the series for a variety of reason. I really love her style too so capturing that was very important. 

So here i went tearing a part a knotted up dead  Megurine Luka from Vocaloid wig (which was straight btw) and spent four hours curling it strand by strand 2 am-6am with only a flatiron and wig brush handle to aid me so I could obtain the perfect mermaid-like waves that Reira has.


Personally I wanted to use a brown/pink blended wig for a more realistic touch since Yuna Ito was a brunette in the movie and Reira has pink hair in the anime/manga but the pink had to do since I was working with what I got and that was half of the challenge actually. 


Here are the results: 









Not bad for a closet cosplay! Reira has a very girly elegant style about her. Surprisingly I own more Nana Osaki pieces that Reira! I wore my Sex Pot Revenge necklace just to give that Nana feel plus she technically does have a 'lock' on her heart for various reasons! I used gloves to really make the look elegant and wore a long dress with it. I also placed a trademark glittery white flower and tiara in the hair to give it kind of a glamorous concert-like feel since she IS the vocalist of the band Trapnest! 

To figure out just how I did her make-up for these overly glorified selcas-here is the make-up tutorial video: 




Hopefully I'll be doing make-up tutorials a lot more often~! Perhaps or gyaru/lolita/and fashionable cosplay looks as well! Hope you guys enjoyed and found this helpful! What other Ai Yazawa series catches your fancy? I might POSSIBLY do another tutorial on another one of her characters so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment