Shiny Violet Star

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Etude House: Berry Delicious Collection

As always, I've been on a ridiculously huge Etude House fix and had to purchase some things from the newest line that released a couple of weeks ago. This one was completely justified however because the entire damn line was strawberry themed and my favorite fruit happens to be strawberries. On top of that, I've really been wanting some pink/red eye shadows and the Strawberry Fondue eye shadow palette had exactly what I was looking for. 

At first when I saw the promotion, Krystal (from f(x) ) looked gorgeous. In the CMs each prouduct featured was super highlighted on her and it really sold me. The blush also looked really pretty as well as the palettes and the lippies.

I had some other stuff to invest in for events (as well as some life stuff that I might talk about in another blog) so I decided to skip out on the lippies and go straight towards the blush and the palette since they weren't colors I already had in my make up collection.

First off, the palette is really pretty. It's really compact and comes with a mirror, so its great to throw in a bag for traveling. The outside design is a collaboration with a Korean clothing brand Margarine Fingers. I thought it was super cute with the strawberrys on it! 



As for the colors, you get six colors. Two mattes, one glittery satin, and three glittery shades. All the colors are red toned save for the white in the middle that is used for the inner corners or a high light color. 

Personally, I really adore this palette. The colors really pack a punch. The browns are great for an all over the lid color or even a crease shade for transition if the pinks or reds get too harsh. The reds are to die for. I know it's been a super huge trend in Japan and Korean to rock red eye make up and under eye blush and this line really hits the nail on that red. I adore the glittery red the most. It's everything I wanted in an eye shadow and some. The satin pink is also gorgeous if you want a more toned down red with less glitter. The white shade is also great for the tearbag look. 

This is going to be my go to palette for awhile. I wore the eye shadows all day and none of them faded or creased with primer. 


As for the blush here is my two cents on it. 

Etude House and a couple of bloggers claimed this was a 'cream blush' but there was nothing really cream about it. It's a powder consistency but the powder puff you use IS a very interesting consistency, which is something interesting to talk about I am sure. 

The blush is incredibly pigmented. At the least the red color is. It's a nice strawberry color and should be applied with a light hand. The powder puff does apply the product and blend it perfectly. Using a brush some how doesn't work/doesn't apply well so I suppose that's also where the cream consistency claims come from. Another pro is that IT SMELLS LIKE STRAWBERRIES! ahhhh!!! 

The only con? This shit doesn't have a mirror. Which is a bit of a pain if you want to touch up and you don't have a table surface to touch up from. Your hands are too occupied applying and holding you damn blush to be carrying a mirror. Oh wells. 



Here is what both products look like on me. I tried out all the red colors because that was what I was looking forward to the most. I also have the blush on but it's super subtle because my skin just was dying for some reason that day. I don't know why it is or if it's stress but every time I have something important to do, my skin decides to crap out. And then when I have nothing important to do at all, my skin is perfect. wtf?

I decided just to wear subtle lashes to show what the eye make up looked like for this blog. Plus I was out running errand so unfortunately I couldn't do anything too crazy right now. I'm wearing Decolog eye lashes in 'Sweet' and Dollywink number 5s for the bottom lashes. One day I'll do a proper Harajuku-esque look with this make up since that's what I think it's perfect for. 

In all, I really adore this line a lot. I'll probably be super depressed when I hit pan because I was SO EXCITED for this shit to release and then come to me in the mail. This has probably been one of my most favorite lines out of all of the Etude House stuff that's released recently, other than the Play 101 Sticks which I equally adore. 

I think video does the eye shadows better justice so here is the video review I did for both products below, though I think I'm better at writing about this shit than talking like the awkward person I am.. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment