Shiny Violet Star

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dollywink Eyelash Revew: 01 Dolly Sweet (also a how-to-apply)

As most of you know, I am a CRAZY huge fan of Tsubasa Masuwaka who is a pretty popular Japanese  gyaru model in Japan. She endorses several products and has her own make-up line-for the eyes? It's called Dollywink. For the lips and face, it's titled Candy Doll. I have actually yet to find Candy Doll products and I'd really love to try them out-especially the newly packaged stuff. But today I'll be reviewing some eye lashes and the glue that comes with it. 

Dollywink is produced as a collaboration between Tsubasa and Koji cosmetics and seriously appeals to the gyaru/kawaii tastes with different types of eyelashes to choose from of different length, style, and thickness. The cute packaging is also a huge bonus with Tsubasa herself modeling off her own line. 

Usually, I don't invest into expensive eyelashes because they're quite disposable after a couple of uses. But being the Tsubasa fan I am and seeing that a Marukai in LA when I visited back in November for PMX had a type of combo package that included a full of glue and two sets of eyelashes for the price of the eyelashes only? It was steal I could justify because I was in love with Dollywink glue.

First off, i can't go back using any other glue EXCEPT Dollywink. The tube one is nice admittedly but the full sized glue comes with a wand and I have a lot more control over the application on the eyelash band versus if I use Daiso glue. Before hand THAT'S what I was using and super uncomfortable and pulls at my eye/I'll always have an eyelash malfunction with Daiso glue by the middle of the day. Why the Dollywink glue, I've never had that problem though I also think because I do use a higher end eyelash now-the band is a lot more flexible and less likely to pop off. 

As for the eyelashes, I chose a 01 pair because I wanted the classic Tsubasa Masuwaka doll-like eyes. Admittedly also, I love Tsubasa's older gyaru style versus the new one SO picking the older lash series  I thought would work in my favor. These lashes gradient in thickness and have thicker end at the end of the lash. This created a bigger droopier looking eye which was the style a while back for gyaru girls. 

Another appealing part is that these eyelashes are that they have a clear thin band. You don't have to worry about your eyelash band not fitting closely with your eyeliner Tsubasa herself says the secret to her dolly-like eyes is to not apply eyeliner and just apply the eyelashes straight on. So with or without eyeliner you're sure to still get a beautiful application. 

However because the eyelash band is so thin and fragile I do recommend being very careful if you want to use these for multiple uses. The eyelashes themselves are very very soft to the touch and do last a very long time. 

As for how they look on me-they look decent. I think for sweeter looks these eyelashes apply well. I'm more of an agejyo girl who likes crazy drag queen lashes but for things like Liz Lisa-these work very very well and aren't overwhelming. This was the look I did for last weekend's Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco last weekend.


The whole look together was very Liz Lisa inspired but I really wanted to bring out my inner Popteen gal while the weather was nice! 




These eyelashes I think look more full for ladies who don't have as high of an eye crease as I do. It's hard to really get the full affect that Tsubasa has since mine is way up there; so obviously my Dollywinks aren't going to hit my brow bone. These eye lashes are also crazy long. Longer than my actually eye extends but with extended eyeliner you'll have wider bigger eyes that will fit the lashes perfectly.




If you have eyes like I do here are a couple of ways to apply these lashes and them look their best: 




-DO: Apply upwards- Apply the eye lash up and not down. You want the eyelash to curve upward and be doll like and not exactly blend completely with your real set. 


-DON'T: Use heavy eyeliner- Heavy eyeliner will overwhelm this look and you won't be able to see the eyelashes. The heavier your eyeliner with these the more likely the band will just up and pop off. 


-DO: Use light shadows- Yet again, heavy eye makeup will overwhelm these eyelashes and it will look like you are not wearing any. 


-DO: Use Dollywink liner- Using a thin fine point eyeliner like Dollywink will allow you a crazy precise and thin eyeliner look that won't be overkill towards these eyelashes. Thin eyeliner works best!


-DO: Do go without eyeliner- Tsubasa  Masuwaka herself said that now a day, she doesn't apply eyeliner for her dolly-like eyes. However this does go for the that 'natural-cute' look she and every other gyaru is trying to achieve. If you like the old era Tsubasa-the Dollywink liner is the best way to go. 


-DON'T: Use any other glue- Koji or Dollywink works the best for these. You will ruin the lashes using Daiso glue or anything else-or at least when I did that happened. Plus Koji/Dollywink glue is very flexible and clear!


-DO: Feel free to layer another pair of Dollywinks. A lot of models in the magazines do layer their lashes. Personally I don't do it with Dollywink because they're my nicest set of lashes and most expensive so I don't want to ruin. 



As you see I used a couple of Dollywink products and Tsubasa-endorsed for my full on look Dollywink wise I used the lashes, point lame eyeshadow pen in 01 WHITE (which I will be reviewing soon! <3), and the Dollywink pen eyeliner in BLACK. I also used the Princess Mimi's in Sesame Grey for a fully 15.0 mm dolly effect! 

In all I love Tsubasa and Koji's Dollywink line a lot. I am a huge fan and highly recommend any J-Fashionita to treat themselves to her products or at least her eyelashes at least once in their life time! They'e very pretty and comfortable. Perfect for dolly looks, lolita, and sweeter gyaru styles like Ank Rouge or Liz Lisa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment