Shiny Violet Star

Friday, April 12, 2013

Solo in San Francisco + Productivity/Other Stuff + First Make Up Tutorial on ShibuHara Glitter's YouTube Account

So two weekends ago I decided to take a very spontaneous trip to San Francisco on a Friday morning solo. It had been the first time soloing the streets of the city since my college days actually, which was a good two years ago. It was actually quite refreshing spending the morning in Japan Town with Benkyodo mochi (Pink Habutai and Ichigo manjyuu) for breakfast under the cherry blossoms that had just started to bloom. I did a lot of people watching though being the dedicated gyaru I was, I did go in gyaru fashion got got quite a bit of compliments myself. 


That Friday's gyaru theme? Dark glam, and gothic. I sported a BPN Cutsew with ruffles, dark denim shorts with a studded belt, black opaque stockings, and ankle boots. I teased the crap out of my hair, did a different technique for the bottom lashes, and painted on vamp red lips. I placed all the things I needed into a rarely carried h.Naoto 'Frill' line bag and I was ready to head out for the morning. 

I definitely was out of place even in Japan Town without a clique of glam sexies that I usually followed. Being a gyaru solo is quite a challenge! I didn't get to Puri and really stop in anywhere honestly except Kinokuniya to poke at the lately Popteen, Ageha, and drool over Akira on the cover of the latest Kera. I stepped into New People and walked right back out in less than five minutes. Did a Daiso and Ichiban Kan run, chilled in Hotel Kabuki's lobby to leech an outlet for my phone I was plastered to the whole entire trip, and had Okonomiyaki. 




I've never ever actually have left Japan Town before two o'clock in the afternoon, but this was legitly possible without company and knowing exactly what I was going to do and get. However, the high light of my trip was heading downtown to Powell. I honestly haven't roamed around Powell Street or even Westfield since my birthday but knowing that there was only me to entertain I was sure that Sephora and department store make-up counters would entertain me pretty damn well. 


In all I concluded at Sephora that I need more Kat Von D. stuff in my collection of cosmetics collection and that's NARS's 'Super Orgasm' blush needed to be in my life. I need to look either like a goth chick or a fucking fairy a lot more often.




I also headed into Forever 21 just to see what all was there. WHY IS IT; that every time I lack a huge amount of bank to spree on that I always find the cutest shit. And whenever I actually do have cash to blow I never ever can find shit I want?! This is a curse! I found a couple of staple pieces I want after this job kicks in for sure. A couple studded things and classy one piece dresses. I definitely want to have a sexy dark gothic glam rock style added into every other look I do. I used to be a huge v-kei/j-rock chick back in the day but then I realized that being a girly girl was kind of fun. Now I kind of miss looking intimidating but still want to be sexy doing. SO why not blend both right? 


The HIGH LIGHT of the trip in all was going to the MAC counter to look at a lipstick that I actually spotted on their website. I'm not even a fan of Nicki Minaj but there is no denying that she is essentric as fuck. And I just happen to be just as essentric but in a well put together kind of way I hope! Anyway her MAC Viva Glam II color is gorgeous. It's like a baby pink/lavender color and I was SUPER nervous that I wouldn't be able to pull off such a bright bold color. But even the lady at the counter was all for it and the girl getting her make-up done even said I wore it well. So I had decided to purchase it. It's been forever since I actually bought anything from MAC  and so far I've been a huge fan of their lipsticks and eyeshadows. I love pigment and bright bold things so this was pretty much a must. 

I honestly think it was an investment well made as well as the trip. The trip ended there but it was for sure a necessity if you know anything about me!




In other news I've been on a huge productive streak lately. Cosplay season is coming up so I've been super strict on dieting. Unless it's an occasion like GOING OUT (which I rarely do in comparison to all of my friends)  I've been strictly sticking to a 1,300 calorie diet. I've been excercising lots. Hopefully work will allow me to attend Fanime 2013!! I have a couple cosplays and one new one to debut. 



I've actually totally finished Blue Rose. Her nails are finally done and this is the end result. I always thought of Karina being a bit of a kogal and when she's Blue Rose she'd be everything she wanted to be, a Hero but also a glamorous well put together idol. So I decided to be different and deco the shit out of her nails that she wears. If I had blue crystals for that weekend I'd probably bling out my lips. Definitely wearing tons of glitter and body glitter. I am seriously determined to make this cosplay look like no other! 


I've been on a nail fix lately actually in general. These are gradient nails I did back before the SF Solo trip! This was actually based off of the Etude House Juicy Cocktail nailpolish colors that everyone's been raving about. Instead I used LA Colors Nailpolish and a pink Milani nail polish. These babies lasted TWO WEEKS. It was seriously like having a gel manicure without the commitment! If I can figure out how in the hell to record a nail tutorial, I will for sure show you lovelies how to obtain these nails. 

Speaking of tutorials I finally got my ass in gear and made a separate YouTube account JUST FOR ShibuHara Glitter. The TsukinoAoiBluAyu has tutorials and such but it's just such a personal account and honestly in the future I want to redo some videos and film some better quality videos. Not sure how yet but I feel like I want a more professional account hence why I made this one. Hopefully I will be updating more frequently so please support and subscribe! 


The first tutorial is up. At first to go with the previous entry I did on the blog I was going to TRY to do a Tsubasa 'Ne Kamatte' look but it just turned out way too bright. It's more Popteen looking than it is Tsubasa. Not very Otona-Gal at all. So instead I entitled it Popteen Inspired Spring Look. However the one Tsubasa-like thing I did try doing was not using top liner and using false lashes with clear bands. I heard from various sources that Tsubasa doesn't use eyeliner/top liner and just applies falsies for a more natural look. It DEFINITELY  made the falsies stand out. 

This actually isn't how I do my gal make-up regularly at all, and I know a lot of people want to know what I do exactly. It's pretty complicated but I'll try to show you all eventually one day. I felt like I totally trolled you guys with a tutorial I did on an experimentation I had never tried... ha! ^^' Until next time guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment